- 3 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1 1/2 cups Hearty Meat Sauce
- 1/2 cup canned no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup 1% low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Romano cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon dried basil
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- calories 463
- caloriesfromfat 20 %
- fat 10.1 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 40.4 g
- carbohydrate 53.3 g
- fiber 0.0 g
- cholesterol 63 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 584 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain well. Cut noodles in half crosswise. Drain spinach; press between paper towels to remove excess moisture.
Combine Hearty Meat Sauce and tomato sauce in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 20 minutes.
Combine cottage cheese, Romano cheese, oregano, and basil in container of an electric blender or food processor; cover and process until smooth, stopping once to scrape down sides. Transfer cheese mixture to a bowl; add spinach, stirring well.
Spread about 3 tablespoons spinach mixture on each lasagna noodle half, leaving a 1/4-inch border around the edge. Roll up each noodle, jellyroll fashion, beginning at narrow end.
Spoon meat sauce into a 1-quart casserole coated with cooking spray. Arrange rolls, seam side down, over sauce. Cover and bake at 350° for 25 minutes. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.