Simple and delicious! Didn't have shaved parmesan, so used grated instead. Great for leftovers next day for lunch.
Pasta with Roasted Tomatoes and Garlic
Principles 13 & 20: Height-of-summer tomatoes burst with flavor and need little embellishment to create a spectacular dish. Churning the oil into boiling liquid emulsifies the mixture, yielding a creamy sauce that coats.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 417
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 14.1g
- Carbohydrate: 49.8g
- Fiber: 3.7g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 2.6mg
- Sodium: 599mg
- Calcium: 205mg
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 pints multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved
- 1/4 cup small basil leaves
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil; add 1 tablespoon salt. Add pasta; cook 10 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta in a colander over a bowl, reserving 6 tablespoons cooking liquid. Return pasta to pan. Combine reserved cooking liquid and 2 tablespoons oil in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil 4 minutes or until mixture measures 1/3 cup. Add oil mixture to pan with pasta; toss to coat.
- 3. While pasta cooks, combine remaining 2 tablespoons oil, tomatoes, and garlic on a jelly-roll pan, tossing to combine. Bake at 450° for 11 minutes or until tomatoes are lightly browned and begin to burst. Add tomato mixture, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper to pasta; toss to coat. Top with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This