Pasta Risotto with peas & pancetta
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) Garlic flavored oil
- 6 ounce(s) Pancetta Cubed
- 1 1/4 cup(s) Frozen petite peas
- 8 ounce(s) Orzo
- 2 1/2 cup(s) Boiling water
- 1 tablespoon(s) Soft butter
- 2 tablespoon(s) Grated Parmesan
- If you do not have garlic flavored oil, make your own by adding a peeled garlic clove to regular olive oil and cook until golden; discard garlic, use oil.
- If you do not have pancetta, diced, thick- cut bacon can be used. I used cubes ham, to cut some of the calories, fat and sodium.
- Warm oil in a heavy pan that will take everything later. Add the pancetta and cook, stirring, until it becomes crisp and bronzed, then add the peas and stir for a minute or so until the frozen look leaves them.
- Add the pasta and turn it about in the pancetta and peas, then pour in the boiling water. Add salt ( cautiously, the pancetta is salty, as is the Parmesan), then turn down the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes, though check on it a couple of times and give a stir or two, to stop it from sticking and to see if you need to add a little more water.
- When it's ready, the pasta should be soft and starchy and the water absorbed. Beat the butter and Parmesan into the pan, check the seasoning, and serve immediately.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KMeggyesy and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note