Photo: James Carrier
Notes: Shape the pasta in a plain ring mold that holds 6 to 12 cups. If making up to 1 day ahead, cover pasta in mold and chill.
This recipe goes with Beef Stroganoff
Yield: Makes 5 or 6 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 298
- Calories from fat: 9.3%
- Protein: 9.7g
- Fat: 3.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrate: 57g
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Sodium: 25mg
- Cholesterol: 5.2mg
- 1 pound dried spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
- 1. In a 5- to 6-quart pan over high heat, bring 3 quarts water to a boil. Add spaghetti and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender to bite, 10 to 12 minutes.
- 2. Drain pasta and immerse in cold water; when cool enough to touch, in about 1 minute, drain again. Mix with butter.
- 3. Lift pasta, a handful at a time, and let strands shake out until fairly straight; lay neatly around the center of a ring mold (see notes). Repeat, using all the pasta; pat to make level. Let stand at least 1 hour (see notes).
- 4. Invert a flat, rimmed microwave-safe plate over mold. Holding containers together, flip over and lift off mold.
- 5. Cover pasta with microwave-safe plastic wrap. Heat in a microwave oven on full power (100%) until pasta is hot, about 5 minutes. Uncover and fill with beef stroganoff.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables