The right amount of salt and spice makes this Italian pasta dish feel decadent, while fresh Parmesan, basil, and arugula keep it light. The canned tomatoes make it a quick dish, easy to pull together during the week. To make the cheese shavings, gently drag a vegetable peeler against the side of a Parmesan cheese wedge.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 54.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 611mg
- Calcium: 191mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup baby basil leaves
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add anchovy paste, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3. Stir in olives and capers; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in pasta. Remove from heat, and stir in arugula and basil. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note