The right amount of salt and spice makes this Italian pasta dish feel decadent, while fresh Parmesan, basil, and arugula keep it light. The canned tomatoes make it a quick dish, easy to pull together during the week. To make the cheese shavings, gently drag a vegetable peeler against the side of a Parmesan cheese wedge.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 402
- Fat: 15.7g
- Saturated fat: 2.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 8.6g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Protein: 12.9g
- Carbohydrate: 54.7g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 10mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 611mg
- Calcium: 191mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans unsalted diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 cup baby arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup baby basil leaves
- 1 ounce fresh Parmesan cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain.
- 2. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add anchovy paste, red pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes. Stir in tomatoes. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3. Stir in olives and capers; simmer 2 minutes. Stir in pasta. Remove from heat, and stir in arugula and basil. Sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This