for a meatless dinner I was so surprised how awesome this was! I made a few changes to add some flavor and "beef it up some. I added one small can of sliced mushrooms, 1/2c (or more if you like) minced red onion, and I didn't have crushed tomatoes so I just substituted 1 15oz can of diced tomatoes. I have 2 boys, 7 and 10, and though they eat "different" things with interesting ingredients, they are still kids and can be picky with to "different" of ingredients they tend to turn their nose up at it. They ate it up! A quick, interesting, and tasty dish! I would definitely turn to it in the future. My only issue was that, Opening up a small can of anchovy fillets for only 3 of them seemed slightly a waist because I don't use anchovies often enough to use the rest. I ended up tossing the rest.
Serve with a salad of green leaf lettuce, red onion, and fresh parsley, dressed with 1 tablespoon olive oil and fresh lemon juice.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 404
- Fat: 17.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 11.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Protein: 13.1g
- Carbohydrate: 51.5g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 3.5mg
- Sodium: 648mg
- Calcium: 144mg
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets
- 1 1/2 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 6 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add anchovies; mash in pan to form a paste. Stir in tomatoes and next 4 ingredients (through pepper); cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Bring 6 quarts water to a boil. Add pasta; cook 8 minutes or until almost al dente. Drain in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Add pasta and reserved pasta water to tomato mixture; increase heat to medium-high. Cook 5 minutes or until pasta is al dente, tossing to combine. Spoon 1 1/2 cups pasta into each of 4 bowls. Drizzle each serving with 3/4 teaspoon oil; sprinkle with cheese.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note