Puttanesca sauce is a spicy blend of tomatoes, onions, capers, black olives, oregano, and garlic cooked together in olive oil.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 356
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 13.3g
- Carbohydrate: 55.3g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
- Iron: 3.2mg
- Sodium: 319mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 5.8g
- Calcium: 181mg
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Asiago or Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain, reserving 1 tablespoon pasta water.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes and next 4 ingredients; bring to a simmer. Simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes or until sauce is thick, stirring occasionally.
- Combine pasta, sauce, and reserved 1 tablespoon pasta water. Top with cheese and basil.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note