- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 zucchini, about 7 oz.
- 1 yellow squash, about 6 oz.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained jarred roasted red peppers, cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup packed baby arugula
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- calories 461
- fat 20 g
- satfat 7 g
- protein 17 g
- carbohydrate 56 g
- fiber 5 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- sodium 647 mg
How to Make It
Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs.
Trim ends of zucchini and squash and, using a vegetable peeler, shave lengthwise into long ribbons. Discard seeded center and any strips of peel.
Warm oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add shallot; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high. Add garlic, red peppers and tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, Italian seasoning, broth and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper; sauté 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Toss pasta with vegetables. Stir in arugula and 1/2 cup Parmesan, adding reserved liquid 1 Tbsp. at a time to moisten, if desired. Serve, passing Parmesan on the side.