Ribbons of squash and zucchini with pops of plum tomatoes mingle with other veggies in Pasta Primavera. This colorful one-dish meal is perfect for those busy weeknights.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 461
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 7g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 56g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Sodium: 647mg
- Salt and pepper
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 1 zucchini, about 7 oz.
- 1 yellow squash, about 6 oz.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup drained jarred roasted red peppers, cut into 1-inch dice
- 3 plum tomatoes, halved, seeded, cut into 1-inch dice
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 cup packed baby arugula
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1. Bring a pot of salted water to boil. Cook pasta until al dente, about 10 minutes or as package label directs.
- 2. Trim ends of zucchini and squash and, using a vegetable peeler, shave lengthwise into long ribbons. Discard seeded center and any strips of peel.
- 3. Warm oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat until butter melts. Add shallot; sauté until softened, about 5 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high. Add garlic, red peppers and tomatoes; cook for 3 minutes. Add zucchini, squash, Italian seasoning, broth and 1/2 tsp. each salt and pepper; sauté 2 minutes longer. Remove from heat.
- 4. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Toss pasta with vegetables. Stir in arugula and 1/2 cup Parmesan, adding reserved liquid 1 Tbsp. at a time to moisten, if desired. Serve, passing Parmesan on the side.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This