- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1 1/2 cups fresh broccoli flowerets
- 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen snow pea pods, trimmed
- 12 fresh or frozen asparagus spears, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 10 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 12 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 7 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
How to Make It
Bake pine nuts in a shallow pan at 350°, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes or until toasted; set aside.
Cook broccoli, snow peas, and asparagus in a Dutch oven in boiling water to cover 1 to 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process. Drain again.
Melt butter in a Dutch oven. Add garlic, and saute until tender. Add whipping cream and cheese, whisking until cheese melts.
Add broccoli mixture, green onions, and next 7 ingredients, stirring constantly. Add pasta, and stir until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and, if desired, additional Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.