I followed the directions, except I used more asparagus than called for. I also added two chopped, cooked chicken breasts (to make the carnivores happy) but it would have been just as delicious without the chicken. I love that everyone gets 4-5 veggies in one meal! I will make this again!
Resistant Starch: 0.6g
Yield: Makes: 4 servings (Serving size: 2 cups pasta and 2 tablespoons cheese)
More From Health
Total: 55 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 286
- Fat: 7.2g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
- Protein: 14g
- Carbohydrate: 43g
- Sugars: 15g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sodium: 473mg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound small multicolored cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups low-fat milk (1%)
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 3 small carrots (6 ounces), peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound thin asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 small zucchini, halved and cut into 2-inch matchsticks
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (1â2 ounce), divided
- 1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 2. While water is heating, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. Add onion and cook, stirring, until soft, 6-7 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and cook (do not stir) until slightly bursting, 5 minutes.
- 4. Whisk together milk and flour and add to vegetables. Bring mixture to a boil; reduce heat and simmer. stir until thickened, 2-3 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper, stir to incorporate, remove from heat, and cover with foil to keep warm.
- 5. Cook pasta according to package directions. During last 3 minutes of cooking, add carrots to boiling pasta. During last minute of cooking, add asparagus and zucchini.
- 6. Drain pasta and vegetables (do not rinse); add immediately to warmed vegetable-cream sauce.
- 7. Toss gently and divide among 4 pasta bowls.
- 8. Divide basil and parmesan among bowls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta Primavera Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
- PUBLICATION: Health
More Recipes for Main Dishes