- 2 cups diagonally sliced carrot
- 2 cups uncooked fusilli (twisted spaghetti)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped fennel bulb
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced leek (about 1 medium)
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1/2 cup dry vermouth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) grated Asiago cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- calories 294
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 8 g
- satfat 2.9 g
- monofat 3.8 g
- polyfat 1.1 g
- protein 12.7 g
- carbohydrate 42.8 g
- fiber 3 g
- cholesterol 9.6 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 477 mg
- calcium 358 mg
How to Make It
Steam carrot, covered, 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, and set aside.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fennel; sauté 3 minutes. Add leek and next 5 ingredients (leek through garlic); sauté 5 minutes. Add carrot, peas, vermouth, and salt. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes.
Combine pasta, vegetable mixture, cheese, and fennel fronds in a bowl, and toss well.