Pasta with Heirloom Tomatoes, Goat Cheese, and Basil
- 12 ounces uncooked cavatappi pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 ounces country ham, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups loosely packed arugula
- 1 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 15 fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- Herb Vinaigrette
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
How to Make It
Prepare pasta according to package directions for al dente. Toss together pasta and 1 Tbsp. olive oil in a large bowl.
Cook ham in remaining hot olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat 1 minute on each side or until crispy. Drain on paper towels. Break ham into small pieces.
Add tomatoes, next 5 ingredients, and 6 Tbsp. vinaigrette to pasta; toss gently. Add salt and pepper to taste; top with ham. Just before serving, stir in remaining vinaigrette.