Pasta and Greens Torte
More From Oxmoor House
Other: 10 Minutes
- 1 pound fresh Swiss chard*
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated linguine, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded Italian blend cheese
- Bring 4 qt. water to a boil in a 6-qt. Dutch oven.
- While water comes to a boil, remove and discard stems and ribs from chard. Coarsely chop leaves. Wash chard thoroughly in cold water; drain well. Process eggs and next 5 ingredients in a blender until smooth.
- Add chard leaves and pasta to boiling water. Return water to a boil; boil 1 minute. Drain well, pressing out excess moisture from chard with the back of a spoon. Return pasta and greens to pan; toss until blended.
- Brush a 10" cast-iron skillet with olive oil. Arrange pasta and greens in skillet; sprinkle with cheese. Pour egg mixture over cheese, pressing to submerge pasta and greens in liquid.
- Place skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes. Immediately transfer to hot oven. Bake at 400° for 25 minutes or until golden and set. Let stand 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter, if desired, and cutting into wedges.
- *It's easier to prepare greens if you chop or tear them first before cleaning in several washings of cold water. Drain well between washings, and finish with a whirl in a salad spinner to remove sandy grit.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This