A pretty complicated recipe with a complex combination of unique flavors resulting in a so-so product. Not worth the effort. Was unclear on how to cut fennel, cook pearl onions and prep lasagna strips. Abandonned Lasagna strip effort and cooked up some linguini.
More From Cooking Light
Total: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 388
- Fat: 19.8g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 10g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.9g
- Protein: 10.9g
- Carbohydrate: 43.3g
- Fiber: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 596mg
- Calcium: 178mg
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 10 cup water
- 10 baby carrots with tops, trimmed (do not peel)
- 4 ounces red pearl onions
- 3 ounces sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 1/2 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, halved
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and vertically sliced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 6 ounces fresh lasagna noodles, cut into 1 1/4 x 5-inch ribbons
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 ounces (1/4-inch) cubed fresh mozzarella cheese (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1. Preheat broiler to high.
- 2. Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise; discard seeds and membranes. Place pepper halves, skin sides up, on a foil-lined baking sheet; flatten with hand. Broil 8 minutes or until blackened. Place in a paper bag; fold to close tightly. Let stand 10 minutes. Peel and cut into strips.
- 3. While bell pepper broils, bring 10 cups water to a boil in a Dutch oven. Add carrots and onions; cook 2 minutes. Add peas; cook 2 minutes. Drain; rinse with cold water. Drain. Remove carrot skins by rubbing gently with a clean, dry paper towel. Remove stem ends from onions; peel.
- 4. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil, and swirl to coat. Add onions, mushrooms, and fennel; sauté for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1/4 teaspoon salt; reduce heat to medium, and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add bell pepper, carrots, and vinegar; cook 2 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- 5. Cook pasta in boiling water 2 minutes; drain. Combine pasta, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, fennel mixture, capers, and crushed red pepper in a large bowl; toss to combine. Add mozzarella; sprinkle with thyme.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This