Community Recipe from
- 4 slice(s) bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) italian sausage sliced
- 1 whole(s) onion chopped
- 4 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 whole(s) carrot shredded
- 1 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 14 ounce(s) tomatoes chopped, canned
- 1 teaspoon(s) italian seasoning
- 4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 1 whole(s) parmesan cheese rind
- 2 whole(s) bay leaves
- 15 ounce(s) cannellini beans rinsed and drained
- 1 pound(s) pasta
- 1 cup(s) parmagiano reggiano grated
- Cook bacon in a large heavy pot on low heat until almost crisp. Remove from pan, reserve and drain the fat. Add the olive oil raise the heat to medium and saute the sausage until browned on both sides. Add the onions, garlic and carrots to the pan. Cook until onion is translucent about 10 minutes, reduce the heat if they are browning too fast. Add red pepper flakes to release the heat. Add the canned tomatoes and broth. Season with italian herbs. Add a cheese rind and bay leaves, raise the heat and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes. Add the drained beans toss to combine.
- Meanwhile cook the pasta per the package directions.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve soup over the pasta and top with bacon and grated cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Tereburns and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta Fagioli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews