Very hardy soup. One thing: I cant figure out how to stop the pasta from swelling, aside from adding cooked pasta to prepared bowls as you go....if you have leftovers, you will have to add more broth before re-heating.
Pasta e Fagioli
Adapte from Rachel Ray
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1/8 pound(s) bacon or pancetta chopped
- 2 sprig(s) rosemary or 3 big pinches of dry
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 2 dried bay leaves or 1 fresh
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1 small carrot finely chopped
- 1 rib celery finely chopped
- 4 large garlic cloves minced
- coarse salt and pepper
- 2 15 oz cans cannellini beans drained
- 1 cup(s) canned tomato sauce
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1 quart(s) chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cup(s) ditalini
- grated parmesan
- crusty bread for mopping
- Heat dutch oven over medium heat. Add oil and bacon/pancetta. Brown bits lightly, add herb stems, bay leaf, chopped vegetables, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add beans, tomato sauce, water, and stock to pot and raise heat to high. Bring soup to rapid boil and add pasta. Reduc heat to medium and cook soup, stirring occasionally, 6-8 minutes or until pasta is al dente. Remove herb stems and place pot on trivet. Let soup rest adn begin to cool for a few minutes. Ladle soup into bowls, top with grated cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ROBN4409 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta e Fagioli Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews