Excellent......Served for dinner tonight.....and was told I hit a home run with this soup.....made it exactly as stated....and served with warm croissant rolls.....Delicous.
Pasta e Fagioli
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 25.6g
- Carbohydrate: 39.1g
- Fiber: 8.3g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
- Iron: 4.7mg
- Sodium: 800mg
- Calcium: 109mg
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 3/4 cup chopped celery (2 stalks)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 medium)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can fire-roasted crushed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans fat-free, less-sodium beef broth
- 1 (16-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3/4 cup uncooked ditalini (very short tube-shaped macaroni)
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook beef and next 4 ingredients in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat until beef is browned, stirring to crumble. Drain well, and return to pan.
- 2. Add tomatoes and next 7 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 15 minutes. Add ditalini; cook 15 minutes or until pasta is done. Ladle soup into individual bowls; sprinkle with cheese.
- Pasta e Fagioli (fa-ZHOH-lee), or pasta-and-bean soup, is a complete meal all in itself.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note