- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup (4 oz.) freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (20-oz.) package refrigerated cheese-and-spinach tortellini
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 15 round buttery crackers, crushed
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Melt 1/2 cup butter in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat; add onion and next 2 ingredients, and sauté 5 to 6 minutes or until tender.
Add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in broth, half-and-half, and white wine. Reduce heat to medium, and cook, stirring constantly, 6 to 8 minutes or until thickened and bubbly.
Remove from heat; add 1 cup cheese and next 2 ingredients, stirring until cheese melts. Stir in tortellini and next 2 ingredients. Spoon into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish.
Stir together 1/2 cup grated cheese and next 3 ingredients. Sprinkle over casserole. Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until bubbly.
Note: We tested with Buitoni Mixed Cheese Tortellini.