Pasta Carbonara with Spicy Sausage
Community Recipe from
- 8 ounce(s) pappardelle or fettuccine
- 1 1/2 cup(s) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 1 pound(s) 4 Italian sausage links
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup(s) half-and-half
- 2 ounce(s) 1/2 cup parmesan grated,plus more for serving
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1. Cook the pasta acording to the package directions, adding the peas during the last min of cooking. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking water, drain the pasta and peas, and return them to the pot.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over med-high heat. Cook the sausages, turning occasionally, until cooked through, 8-19 mins.
- 3. In a med bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, half-and-half, Parmesan, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Add the egg mixture and reserved cooking water to the pasta and peas in the pot. Cook over low heat, tossing gently, until the sauce is slightly thickened and coats the pasta. Serve with the sausage and additional cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by shums1001 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta Carbonara with Spicy Sausage Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes