- 6 center-cut bacon slices, chopped
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 (6-ounce) package bagged prewashed baby spinach
- 8 ounces uncooked gluten-free spaghetti
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg white
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 373
- fat 9.8 g
- satfat 4.3 g
- monofat 2.5 g
- polyfat 0.5 g
- protein 16.1 g
- carbohydrate 55.1 g
- fiber 2.8 g
- cholesterol 72 mg
- iron 5.6 mg
- sodium 773 mg
- calcium 257 mg
How to Make It
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add bacon to pan; cook 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently. Remove bacon from pan, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings in pan; set bacon aside.
Add onion to drippings in pan; cook 3 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently. Add wine; cook 1 minute or until liquid is reduced by half. Add spinach; cook 1 minute or until spinach wilts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; keep warm.
Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain well, reserving 1 tablespoon pasta water. Immediately add pasta and reserved pasta water to spinach mixture in pan. Add reserved bacon; stir well to combine. Place pan over low heat.
Combine cheese and next 4 ingredients, stirring with a whisk. Add to pasta mixture, tossing well to coat. Cook 1 minute. Remove from heat. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately.