Very good fast week night meal.
Pasta with Burst Tomatoes and Mascarpone
Blister and burst tomatoes under the broiler to hide imperfections and concentrate flavor. Use extras to fill omelets or sandwiches.
More From Southern Living
Total: 15 Minutes
- 1 (24-oz.) package frozen cheese-filled ravioli
- 3 pt. assorted grape tomatoes
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup torn assorted fresh herbs (such as parsley and basil)
- 1 (8-oz.) container mascarpone cheese
- 1. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, preheat broiler with oven rack 4 to 5 inches from heat. Stir together tomatoes, garlic, and olive oil in a 15- x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Broil 5 to 8 minutes or until tomatoes are charred, stirring halfway through.
- 3. Transfer tomato mixture to a large bowl. Stir in butter, next 3 ingredients, and 1/4 cup fresh herbs. Spoon over hot cooked ravioli; dollop with cheese. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup fresh herbs. Serve immediately.
- Note: We tested with Celentano Cheese Ravioli.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note