This tastes-like-you-cooked-it-all-day sauce is perfect tossed with linguine. It also freezes well and can be ready in minutes with a quick thaw in the microwave.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 324
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 9.4g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Protein: 23.9g
- Carbohydrate: 43.6g
- Fiber: 7.2g
- Cholesterol: 47.3mg
- Iron: 3.7mg
- Sodium: 444mg
- Calcium: 81mg
- 1 (13.25-ounce) package whole-grain linguine (such as Ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
- 2 (4-ounce) links hot turkey Italian sausage
- Olive oil—flavored cooking spray
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (28-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1. Cook pasta in a large Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain, return to pan, and keep warm.
- 2. While pasta cooks, remove casings from sausage. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, beef, and onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble; drain, if necessary. Add mushrooms and rosemary. Cook 5 minutes or until browned.
- 3. Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Stir in milk, pepper, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Add sauce to pasta, tossing well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Serve with: Shaved Fennel Salad
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note