- 1 (13.25-ounce) package whole-grain linguine (such as Ronzoni Healthy Harvest)
- 2 (4-ounce) links hot turkey Italian sausage
- Olive oil—flavored cooking spray
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (8-ounce) package button mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 (28-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- calories 324
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 9.4 g
- satfat 2 g
- monofat 4 g
- polyfat 3.1 g
- protein 23.9 g
- carbohydrate 43.6 g
- fiber 7.2 g
- cholesterol 47.3 mg
- iron 3.7 mg
- sodium 444 mg
- calcium 81 mg
How to Make It
Cook pasta in a large Dutch oven according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain, return to pan, and keep warm.
While pasta cooks, remove casings from sausage. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add sausage, beef, and onion; cook 2 minutes, stirring to crumble; drain, if necessary. Add mushrooms and rosemary. Cook 5 minutes or until browned.
Stir in tomatoes; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 3 minutes. Stir in milk, pepper, and salt; cook 2 minutes. Add sauce to pasta, tossing well. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
Serve with: Shaved Fennel Salad
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.