Pasta with Beans and Cheese
This simple dinner, from All You reader Amy Blake, is quick enough to whip up when you have zero time since most of the ingredients are already in your pantry. To make it even more filling consider adding ground beef or turkey.
More From Allyou
Bake: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 430
- Fat: 11g
- Saturated fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 30mg
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 21g
- Carbohydrate: 65g
- Sodium: 845mg
- 1 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 15.5 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar (4 oz.), plus extra for serving (optional)
- Place tomatoes, kidney beans, 1 3/4 cups water, 2 Tbsp. parsley, garlic powder, pepper and thyme in a large saucepan; stir and bring to a boil over high heat. Mix in pasta and return to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until pasta is tender, 13 to 15 minutes, stirring frequently. If mixture looks dry, add 1/4 cup more water.
- Pour mixture into serving dish and sprinkle with Cheddar. Cover with foil and let sit 2 minutes to allow cheese to melt slightly. Uncover and garnish with remaining parsley. Divide among 4 plates and serve, passing extra Cheddar at the table if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note