Pasta with Arugula Pesto
Pasta with Arugula Pesto takes on a peppery flavor as arugula replaces basil in the sauce. This pasta dish is perfect for weeknights as it's ready in less than 25 minutes.
More From Coastal Living
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) lightly packed baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced and divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 4 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, pulled apart into pieces
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1 sliced garlic clove in a food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and pulse to form a thick paste. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and kosher salt and black pepper to taste; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender but hold their shape.
- 4. Toss hot pasta with reserved arugula pesto. Top with mozzarella, and serve with sautéed tomatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note