Pasta with Arugula Pesto
Photo: Johnny Miller; Styling: Erin Swift
More From Coastal Living
- 3 cups (about 3 ounces) lightly packed baby arugula
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted if desired
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced and divided
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Kosher salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel hair pasta or spaghetti
- 4 small tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, pulled apart into pieces
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients and 1 sliced garlic clove in a food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely chopped. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil, and pulse to form a thick paste. Season to taste with kosher salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Prepare pasta according to package directions. Cover and keep warm.
- 3. Meanwhile, heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining 2 garlic cloves; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes and kosher salt and black pepper to taste; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tomatoes are tender but hold their shape.
- 4. Toss hot pasta with reserved arugula pesto. Top with mozzarella, and serve with sautéed tomatoes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This