Wow. This tasted like oregano stew. It will take a week for my tastebuds to recover. Did you mean 2 TEA spoons oregano?
Pasta alla Formiana
Pasta alla Formiana is a quick and very simple dish that you can make with ingredients that you can find at the grocery store.
More From Health
- Calories: 297
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 6.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.3g
- Protein: 8g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 509mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- Cooking spray
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes, with juice
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) mezze penne or other small pasta
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 ripe beefsteak tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°. Spray an 8-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2. In food processor, blend crushed tomatoes and juice, chicken broth, and garlic. Pour into a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in uncooked pasta, 3 tablespoons olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- 3. Line bottom and sides of the baking dish with one-half to two-thirds of the tomato slices; pour in pasta mixture. Arrange remaining tomatoes on top. Drizzle with remaining olive oil.
- 4. Put dish on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 30 minutes, or until tomatoes are slightly crispy and pasta is cooked. Cool 5 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note