Pasta Alla Checca
Community Recipe from
- 3 quart(s) water
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 4 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 2 pound(s) fresh Roma tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and quartered
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 15 fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon(s) sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 3/4 cup(s) tomato sauce
- 1 pound(s) pasta, spaghettini or angel hair
- 4 tablespoon(s) Pecorino Romano cheese, freshly grated
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil in a large pot.
- Heat the oil and garlic in a large saute pan set on medium-high heat until the oil starts to sizzle, about 2 minutes. Stir in the red pepper flakes, tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and sugar and cook for 2 minutes. Add the stock and tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes. You want the tomatoes to cook through but not fall apart.
- Cook the spaghetti in the boiling water until just tender. Drain well and return to the pot. Pour the sauce over the pasta and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring constantly, until the pasta is well coated. Top with the cheese and toss well.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes