Pasta alla Carbonara
Community Recipe from
- 3 quart(s) water
- 4 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 5 tablespoon(s) bacon
- 4 clove(s) garlic, thickly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoon(s) fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 3/4 cup(s) white wine
- 3/4 cup(s) chicken broth
- 2 egg yolks
- 5 tablespoon(s) Pecorino Romana cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) pasta cooking water (from above)
- 1 pound(s) pasta - tortellini or tortiglioni
- Bring the water for the pasta to a boil in a large pot.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat until sizzling, about 2 minutes. Add the bacon and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic, red pepper flakes and 2 tablespoons of the parsley. Cook for 2 minutes. Pour in the wine and boil until reduced by half, about 4-5 minutes. Add the chicken stock and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. The consistency should be thick enough to coat the pasta.
- Cook the pasta in the boiling water until just tender.
- Mix the egg yolks in a medium bowl with the Romano cheese, black pepper and the remaining parsley. Just before the pasta is finished cooking, slowly whisk 1/4 cup of the hot pasta water into the egg yolk mixture, beating vigorously to prevent scrambled eggs. Set aside.
- Drain the pasta well and return to the pot. Pour the cooked sauce over the pasta, tossing well over medium heat until well coated. Add the egg mixture and quickly toss - don't keep on the heat more than 1 minute. Remove from the heat and keep tossing until the egg yolks are cooked and the pasta is well coated.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by robinarroyave and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Pasta alla Carbonara Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes