Matzo is a flat, brittle bread made from only flour and water and baked without leavening. Find it on the ethnic food aisle of your local supermarket.
Yield: Makes 10 to 12 servings
- 3/4 cup crushed matzo
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Stir together first 3 ingredients. Press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of a lightly greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add 1 cup sugar, beating until blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until blended after each addition. Beat in lemon rind and juice. Pour mixture into prepared crust.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until set. Remove cheesecake from the oven; cool on wire rack. Cover and chill 8 hours. Gently run a knife around edge of cheesecake, and release sides of pan.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This