- 1 (6-ounce) package cherry-flavored gelatin
- 3 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 1/3 cups cold water, divided
- 2 cups ice cubes, divided
- 1 (16 1/2-ounce) can pitted dark sweet cherries, drained and halved
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tropical fruit salad in light syrup and passionfruit juice, undrained (such as Dole)
- 2 (3-ounce) packages peach-passionfruit-flavored gelatin
- calories 205
- caloriesfromfat 0.0 %
- fat 0.0 g
- satfat 0.0 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 4.1 g
- carbohydrate 49.7 g
- fiber 0.5 g
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
- iron 0.3 mg
- sodium 165 mg
- calcium 3 mg
How to Make It
Combine cherry-flavored gelatin and 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves (about 3 minutes). Add 1 cup cold water and 1 cup ice cubes; stir until ice melts. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white (about 10 to 15 minutes). Fold in cherries; pour into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Cover and chill until set but not firm (about 30 minutes).
Drain fruit salad in a colander over a bowl, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Combine peach-passionfruit-flavored gelatin and 1 1/2 cups boiling water in a bowl; stir until gelatin dissolves (about 3 minutes). Add the reserved juice, 1/3 cup cold water, and 1 cup ice cubes; stir until ice melts. Chill until the consistency of unbeaten egg white (about 10 to 15 minutes). Fold in fruit salad, and spoon over cherry mixture. Chill until firm (about 8 hours).
Note: You can substitute sugar-free gelatin for the regular variety. For a 6-ounce box of regular, substitute the 6-ounce box of sugar free. For the 3-ounce box of regular, substitute the 3-ounce box of sugar free.