- 2 pounds red new potatoes, unpeeled, halved
- 8 to 10 cups water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 8 ounces Cheddar cheese, cut into very small cubes or shredded (about 2 cups)
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups chopped celery (about 3 stalks)
- 2 cups chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bread-and-butter sweet pickles or sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon pressed garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Prepare the salad: Bring potatoes, water, and sea salt to a boil in a stockpot over medium-high. Reduce heat to medium, and cook until potatoes are cooked through but not mushy, 10 to 12 minutes.
Drain potatoes. Transfer half of potatoes to a large bowl; sprinkle with half of the cheese. Pour remaining potatoes into bowl, and sprinkle remaining cheese over potatoes. Place a clean dish towel over the bowl, and cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Add eggs, celery, green pepper, pickles, parsley, and red onion to potato mixture; stir until well combined.
Prepare the dressing: Stir together mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper, vinegar, honey, and oil in a medium bowl.
Assemble: Pour dressing over potato mixture; stir until combined. Chill 2 hours.