The Party Starter (Watermelon Tequila Cocktail)
More From Sunset
Freeze: 3 Hours
Amount per serving
- Calories: 205
- Calories from fat: 1%
- Protein: 1.2g
- Fat: 0.3g
- Saturated fat: 0.0g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 2.6mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 seedless watermelon (about 6 lbs.)
- 3/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups silver (also called blanco) tequila
- 1. Cut melon into chunks and discard rind. Purée chunks in batches in a food processor. Pour mixture through a strainer into a bowl. Pour 4 cups into another bowl; whisk in lemon juice. Save any remaining watermelon juice for another use. Pour juice mixture into 4 ice cube trays* and freeze until firm, at least 3 hours or overnight.
- 2. Make drinks: Whirl half the watermelon cubes in a food processor until broken up, then add 1 cup tequila and whirl until blended. Pour into a pitcher and repeat with remaining ingredients.
- *A standard ice cube tray has 14 cube slots.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per drink.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Beverages