Party Plantain Chips
In Cuba these treats are called mariquitas. Make these a day ahead, and store them in an airtight container.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine-grained sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- Peanut oil
- 4 green plantains (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Combine salt and lime rind; set aside.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a large Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Peel plantains; slice plantains lengthwise very thinly, using a mandoline.
- Fry plantain strips, 4 or 5 at a time, 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with salt mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note