Party Plantain Chips
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fine-grained sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime rind
- Peanut oil
- 4 green plantains (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Combine salt and lime rind; set aside.
- Pour oil to depth of 2 inches into a large Dutch oven; heat to 360°.
- Peel plantains; slice plantains lengthwise very thinly, using a mandoline.
- Fry plantain strips, 4 or 5 at a time, 30 seconds on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle immediately with salt mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This