This was great chicken salad. I used fat-free mayo and reduced the amount by a little bit. I served it as a sandwich and it was great. The flavor is even better after it sits in the fridge for a little while.
Party Chicken Salad
The juice from the peaches adds a sweet note to this luncheon favorite. Serve on a bed of baby lettuces tossed with blackberries.
More From Southern Living
Bake: 5 Minutes
Cool: 15 Minutes
Chill: 2 Hours
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup minced sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 4 small fresh, firm, ripe peaches, peeled and diced
- Garnishes: fresh basil sprigs, fresh blackberries
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer on a baking sheet 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant. Cool completely in pan on a wire rack (about 15 minutes).
- 2. Stir together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Fold in pecans, chicken, and peaches; cover and chill 2 hours. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note