- 6 ounces portobello mushroom caps
- 2/3 cup chopped sugar-cured ham (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 1/2 cups shredded parsnip (about 1 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Gouda cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- calories 227
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 6 g
- satfat 3.3 g
- monofat 0.2 g
- polyfat 0.1 g
- protein 11.6 g
- carbohydrate 33.5 g
- fiber 3.9 g
- cholesterol 24 mg
- iron 1.8 mg
- sodium 407 mg
- calcium 174 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Remove brown gills from undersides of portobello mushroom caps using a spoon, and discard gills. Chop to measure 3 1/2 cups.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chopped ham; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add onion and shallots; sauté 5 minutes or until tender. Add mushroom and broth; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add parsnip and pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove from heat; stir in cheese. Spoon mixture into a 2-quart baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine breadcrumbs and parsley; sprinkle over mushroom mixture. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.