Parsnip Mashed Potatoes
There is just enough parsnip in this dish to give everyday mashed potatoes a flavor boost. Serve them with roasted pork or chicken.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 90
- Fat: 2.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Carbohydrate: 16.3g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Iron: 0.4mg
- Sodium: 240mg
- Calories from fat: 23%
- Fiber: 1.8g
- Calcium: 27mg
- 1 pound baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3/4 cup cubed peeled parsnip (about 1 large)
- 1/3 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place potato and parsnip in a medium saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 18 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- . Return potato mixture to pan. Add broth and next 3 ingredients; beat with a mixer at medium speed until smooth. Stir in parsley.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note