- 2 pounds parsnips, scraped and cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring parsnips, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a large saucepan; boil 5 minutes. Add potato, and boil 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash; stir in butter, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables