PARSLEY RICE WITH ALMONDS AND JACK CHEESE
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- (10-12 servings)
- 4 cups canned chicken broth
- 2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 Tbsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup butter
- 16 oz. sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- In a 2-quart saucepan, bring chicken broth and rice to a boil. Stir. Cover, reduce heat and simmer about 20 minutes until liquid is absorbed. Saute onions and almonds in butter over medium heat for 5 minutes. Add rice. Stir in parsley and sour cream. Spread half the rice mixture in an ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" pan. Top with 2 cups cheese. Repeat layers. Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sharmar and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
PARSLEY RICE WITH ALMONDS AND JACK CHEESE Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables