Notes: If potatoes are done before the rest of the main course, return them to pan after step 1; cover and let stand up to 15 minutes.
Yield: Makes 12 to 14 servings
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 123
- Calories from fat: 26%
- Protein: 2.5g
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated fat: 2.1g
- Carbohydrate: 21g
- Fiber: 2.3g
- Sodium: 208mg
- Cholesterol: 8.9mg
- 4 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes (1 1/2 in. wide; cut in half if larger)
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse-ground pepper
- 1. Scrub 4 pounds red thin-skinned potatoes (1 1/2 in. wide; cut in half if larger). Place in a 6- to 8-quart pan and add enough water to cover by 1 inch. Set over high heat and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat so water barely simmers and cook, uncovered, just until potatoes are tender when pierced, about 30 minutes. Drain.
- 2. Pour potatoes into a bowl and add 1/3 cup chopped parsley, 1/4 cup (1/8 lb.) melted butter, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon coarse- ground pepper. Mix gently to coat.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables