- 1 medium onion, diced
- Olive oil
- 2 cups mashed cooked potatoes
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Garnish: Italian parsley
How to Make It
Sauté onion in 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet until tender; remove from heat.
Combine onion, potatoes, and next 3 ingredients, stirring well; stir in parsley and next 3 ingredients.
Pour 1 teaspoon oil into a nonstick skillet; place over medium heat until hot. Drop potato mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into skillet, and flatten slightly; cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden. Drain on paper towels; repeat procedure with remaining potato mixture, adding oil as needed. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.