Parsley and Pine Nut Salsa
Photo: Marcus Nilsson; Styling: Deborah Williams
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl and serve alongside grilled poultry, meat, or seafood.
Tips: Relishes, sauces, and salsas liven up food that has been grilled with little seasoning. Mix up two or three of these simple blends and let diners dress their food as desired.
Most relishes, sauces, and salsas improve when their ingredients have had a few hours to meld (though the mixtures should be discarded after 48 hours). Try leftovers on a sandwich the next day.
These toppers can also be used on foods grilled with complementary marinades, rubs, or glazes.
Best With: Chicken, beef, lamb, and seafood.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note