More From Allyou
- Calories: 181
- Fat: 19g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 4g
- Carbohydrate: 3g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Sodium: 186mg
- 1/3 cup raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 cups packed parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Toast pepitas in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing often, until seeds turn golden and start to pop, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl to cool.
- 2. With food processor running, drop in garlic to chop. Pulse in parsley, lemon zest and juice, red pepper and 1/2 tsp. salt. Pulse in cheese and pepitas. Scrape down sides of bowl. With machine running, drizzle in oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Make it ahead
TO FREEZE: Portion into ice cube trays. Add a little olive oil on top to help keep the pesto green.
TO SERVE: Defrost frozen pesto overnight in the fridge, then bring to room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note