Served this with the Snapper with Zucchini and Tomato as it was suggested in the July 2012 issue. Excellent. The toasted pine nuts were a very nice addition to add some crunch to the pasta.
Photo: Johnny Autry and Randy Mayor; Styling: Cindy Barr and Lindsey Lower
Five ingredients are all it takes to whip up a simple side of Parsley Orzo.
Yield: Serves 2 (serving size: about 1/2 cup)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 237
- Fat: 8.9g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Sodium: 148mg
- 1/2 cup orzo (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain. Stir in toasted pine nuts, chopped fresh parsley, olive oil, and salt.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables