In culinary school, Krista Painter and Amy French became cooking buddies. On weekly trips to Pike Place Market, they gathered fresh ingredients for their experiments. One outcome is this rich, green pesto. Try it on steak, fish, chicken, vegetables, and hot or cold pasta.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 39
- Calories from fat: 69%
- Protein: 1.5g
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Carbohydrate: 2.4g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1 cup shelled roasted, salted pistachios
- 2 cups coarsely chopped Italian parsley
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1. Rub nuts in a towel to remove any loose skins. Lift nuts from towel and place in a food processor or blender.
- 2. Add parsley, mint, and oil; whirl until finely ground. Add salt to taste. Use, or cover and chill up to 2 days. Freeze airtight in small portions to store longer.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note