Parsley Couscous with Apricots
Toss some of the cooked garlic cloves from slow-cooker pan juices with couscous, if desired.
This recipe goes with Slow-Cooker Chicken with 40 Cloves of Garlic
More From Southern Living
Total: 20 Minutes
- 1 cup uncooked plain couscous
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup vertically sliced red onion
- 1 3/4 cups unsalted chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Chopped fresh rosemary and thyme and additional dried apricots (optional)
- Combine couscous, 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots, and onion in a medium heatproof bowl. Bring chicken stock, butter, salt, and pepper to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Pour broth mixture over couscous; cover and let stand 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Uncover and fluff with a fork. Stir in parsley and, if desired, chopped fresh rosemary and thyme and additional dried apricots.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note