Parrano Cheese-Thyme Rolls
This recipe goes with Roast Pork Sandwiches
Yield: 12 servings (serving size: 1 roll)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 138
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.3g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.7g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 22.7g
- Fiber: 0.9g
- Cholesterol: 24mg
- Iron: 1.5mg
- Sodium: 169mg
- Calcium: 59mg
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 package dry yeast (about 2 1/4 teaspoons)
- 3/4 cup warm water (100° to 110°)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 12 1/3 ounces), divided
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) freshly grated Parrano cheese
- 1 teaspoon cornmeal
- Cooking spray
- Dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Add 2 1/2 cups flour, thyme, salt, and egg to yeast mixture; stir until a soft dough forms. Turn dough out onto a floured surface. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes); add enough of remaining flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, to prevent dough from sticking to hands (dough will feel slightly sticky). Cover dough; let stand 10 minutes. Knead in Parrano cheese until well combined.
- Divide mixture into 12 equal portions, and form each portion into a ball. Place each ball onto a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal. Lightly coat tops of rolls with cooking spray; cover with plastic wrap. Let rise in a warm place (85°), free from drafts, 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Bake rolls at 400° for 18 minutes or until browned on tops and bottoms. Remove rolls from baking sheet; cool completely on a wire rack.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note