Parmigiano Reggiano "Ice Cream"
This recipe was given to us by our friend Nancy of the Consorzio del Formaggio Parmigiano Reggiano. A perfect way to begin or end a meal, it is more like a twist on the cheese course than a sweet dessert. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2259.
Cool: 30 Minutes
Refrigerate: 1 Hour
- 1 cup(s) heavy cream
- 2 clove(s) garlic, peeled and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly grated nutmeg
- 2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- Aged balsamic vinegar
- Multigrain raisin or crusty French bread
- Red grapes
- Pear or apple slices
- Bring cream, garlic and nutmeg to a boil in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, watching constantly. Remove garlic and reduce heat to medium-low. Add Parmigiano Reggiano, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until all the cheese is incorporated. Continue stirring until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, pour into a shallow heat-resistant dish and cool to room temperature. Cover dish and refrigerate until cheese stiffens. Scoop out small portions with a spoon or a melon baller. Garnish with your choice of accompaniments listed above.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note