Parmigiano Reggiano Crisps with Chocolate and Sea Salt
We asked our Whole Story blog readers to submit their best Parmigiano Reggiano recipes. Here's the winner, from Barbara E., who baked grated Parmigiano Reggiano with chopped almonds into round crisps and then dipped them in melted chocolate for an incredible sweet-savory combo made from just five ingredients. Serve as an appetizer or dessert with a glass of red wine or prosecco. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/2677.
- 2 cup(s) (about 8 ounces) grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 6 tablespoon(s) finely chopped dry roasted whole almonds (skins on)
- 4 ounce(s) good quality semi-sweet or dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 scant teaspoon(s) vegetable oil
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Toss cheese and almonds together in a bowl. Form 12 mounds of cheese mixture on each lined baking sheet, spacing them 3 inches apart. Using the back of a spoon, press down on each mound to form a 1/4-inch thick circle. Place one baking sheet at a time on middle oven rack. Bake rounds 6 to 8 minutes or until golden. Remove from oven and let crisps cool on baking sheets.
- Once crisps are cooled completely, line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Toss chocolate with vegetable oil in a small bowl. Set the bowl over a pan of simmering water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth. Dip about one-third to one-half of each crisp into melted chocolate, hold a few seconds above chocolate, then place on the lined baking sheet. Immediately scatter a tiny bit of sea salt over chocolate. Let chocolate set before serving. You can put crisps in refrigerator or freezer to speed setting.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note