Parmigiano Reggiano Baked Eggs with Swiss Chard
These flavorful eggs are easy to bake up for a cozy breakfast with friends or family, and they also easily double for a crowd. You can garnish the eggs with an herb of your choice (basil, thyme or chives are excellent choice) and serve with thick slices of your favorite bread. Recipe from the Whole Foods Market website: http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/recipes/3136.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Butter for greasing the ramekins
- 2 teaspoon(s) extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, sliced
- 4 cup(s) packed thinly sliced Swiss chard leaves, or other hearty green leaves, all tough stems or ribs removed
- 3/4 cup(s) coarsely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, divided
- 1 small tomato, halved, seeds removed, flesh diced, divided
- 4 large eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F and generously butter 4 (6-ounce) ramekins or custard cups.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute. Add Swiss chard; cover the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until chard is tender, 8 to 10 minutes; add a few tablespoons water if the skillet begins to dry out. Remove from the heat and pour off any excess liquid.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of the Parmigiano Reggiano and half the tomato. Spoon the mixture evenly into the ramekins. Break an egg into each ramekin and sprinkle with remaining Parmigiano Reggiano. Pile remaining tomato around eggs and season generously with salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet and bake until egg whites are almost completely set, 15 to 20 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note